The Golden Empire
Z-7 Laser Pistol
Standard Z-7 Laser Pistol
These weapons are approximately 8" in length and made from a lightweight sturdy material known as Plast-Steel by the dwarves who are the only ones who can manufacture it. These guns supercharge a short burst of light towards a target to inflict concentrated heat damage. These weapons are especially effective versus armoured “living” targets, but can inflict significant damage to non-living targets as well.
- Plast-Steel Laser Pistol (1D10-E, ROF-3, CRIT-(20)x2, Range-50FT, ENC-1, BCR-(5)
- Plast-Steel – Grants (2) Bonus to hit and damage per shot.
- Pistol – May fire weapon in HtH combat without attacks of opportunity!
- Clips/E-Cells (10) – Reloading this weapon does not cause attacks of opportunity! Clip size is (N)!
- Hi Tech Armour Piercing – If (2X) weapon damage exceeds DRR of target, the target does not receive its DRR against the attack.
- E-Weapon – These weapons inflict energy damage. A target may use their most protective energy field(Not granted by magic!) to reduce damage as well as any armour. A fumble results in a venting of heat/energy which does not injure user, but removes all guns remaining power. This will usually cause a BCR check as well for the weapon!
- Silenced – This weapon may be used with the “Sniper” feat!
- Solar Powered (1) – Recharges (N) rounds in sunlight per hour.
These weapons have been uncovered by dwarven scientists and replicated on a limited scale. Though the materials can be replicated and retooled for other purposes the dwarves have found this material fairly ineffective as it is vulnerable to temperatures higher than 90 degrees Celsius.
Dwarves believe the material was built to survive extreme conditions including the vacuum of space, but unfortunately the material cannot seem to cope with atmospheric heat above the 90 degree marker. Since the dwarves understanding of this material is limited, a solution to this problem is unavailable. The dwarves often work near lava flows with temperatures easily exceeding this limit so dwarves find using this material for any purpose risky at best…
Still, dwarves have found this material to be useful for ranged weapons such as the K-5 Needle Gun, , , , , and the . Dwarves have even considered using it for melee weaponry, but have found its light weight impractical for such a purpose… Although…,